- butter for the baking dish
- 3 half-pint containers fresh blackberries or one 16-ounce bag frozen unsweetened blackberries, thawed
- 2tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2cups pancake mix
- 1cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 7- or 8-ounce container whipped cream
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish. Add the berries and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the sugar to the dish and toss.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, milk, and eggs until no lumps remain. Pour the batter over the berries. Bake until the crust is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.