cloves garlic, minced
1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
white wine vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
chopped chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (found in the international aisle)
chopped fresh cilantro leaves
head escarole, washed and trimmed of tough leaves
ripe avocado, sliced
lime, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, salt, onion, and vinegar. Season with the pepper, then whisk in the oil.
- Place the beans in a large bowl. Pour ¾ of the dressing over them. Add the chipotle and cilantro. Toss, cover, and set aside.
- Preheat grill pan over medium heat.
- Toss the escarole with the remaining dressing. Grill for 3 minutes, turning constantly, until just wilted and golden.
- Serve with the beans, guacamole, avocado, and lime wedges.