Black Bean Soup
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat the salsa in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and broth, then heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then spoon half the soup into a food processor or blender and puree.
- Return the pureed soup to the saucepan and heat through. Stir in the sherry (if desired).
- Serve with the sour cream, additional salsa, and lime wedges (if desired).
- Per Serving
- Calories 151
- Calcium 97mg
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Cholesterol 6mg
- Fat 3g
- Fiber 10g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 9mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 830mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The soup can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.