store-bought fresh tomato salsa, plus more for serving
15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 to 2
dry sherry (optional)
lime, quartered (optional)
- Heat the salsa in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and broth, then heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then spoon half the soup into a food processor or blender and puree.
- Return the pureed soup to the saucepan and heat through. Stir in the sherry (if desired).
- Serve with the sour cream, additional salsa, and lime wedges (if desired).