- 4 6-ounce pieces boneless, skinless cod, salmon, or bass
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- Heat oven to 425° F. Place the fish, beans, scallions, oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper on 4 11-by-15-inch pieces of parchment, dividing evenly. Fold the parchment over the fish, then seal each packet by folding the edges over twice.
- Transfer the packets to a baking sheet. Bake until the fish is opaque throughout, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Transfer the packets to plates and use scissors to make a small X in the top of each packet. Tear open carefully (they will probably release steam) and top with the salsa.