- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 slices soft bread, crusts removed and torn into pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1 jar store-bought marinara sauce or Chunky Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° F. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients, 1 cup of the Parmesan, and 2 teaspoons of the pepper. Mix just to combine. Shape the mixture into 16 to 18 large meatballs (each should consist of about 3/4 cup of meat). Place on a baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta with the remaining Parmesan and the remaining pepper; set aside.
- Bake the meatballs for 20 minutes in upper third of oven. Remove from oven and turn on broiler. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the ricotta mixture onto each meatball. Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until the ricotta just starts to brown. Serve the meatballs with jarred marinara sauce, or Chunky Marinara Sauce.
This recipe makes 16-18 large meatballs.