Bibb and Radish Salad With Buttermilk Dressing
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 ounces country bread, cut into 3⁄4-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 head Bibb or Boston lettuce, torn (about 6 cups)
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread with the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake, tossing once, until golden, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mayonnaise, parsley, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the lettuce, radishes, shallot, and croutons and toss to coat.
- Per Serving
- Calories 213
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 603mg
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 86mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Don’t throw away stale bread—save it for making croutons, bread crumbs, or stuffing at a later date. Cut or tear the loaf into bite-size pieces and freeze in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.