Beef, Watercress, and Peach Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems removed
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 4 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 1-pound piece roast beef, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the watercress, cucumbers, peaches, and beef; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, sugar, and ½ teaspoon salt and whisk until dissolved. Add the garlic, ginger, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Slowly add the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified. Stir in the shallots.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or platter and drizzle the vinaigrette over the top.
- Per Serving
- Calories 568Calories From Fat 319
- Fat 36g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 81mg
- Sodium 370mg
- Protein 45g
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Sugar 12g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 227mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The salad and the vinaigrette can be refrigerated separately for up to 1 day.