- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems removed
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 4 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 1-pound piece roast beef, cubed
- 1/4cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2teaspoons sugar
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the watercress, cucumbers, peaches, and beef; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, sugar, and ½ teaspoon salt and whisk until dissolved. Add the garlic, ginger, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Slowly add the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified. Stir in the shallots.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or platter and drizzle the vinaigrette over the top.