Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, trimmed of all fat and sliced into very thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 10-ounce packages white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- kosher salt
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup low-fat or regular sour cream
- 1 12-ounce package extra-wide egg noodles, cooked
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the sirloin and brown it (in batches if necessary). Remove and set aside.
- Cook the caraway seeds (if desired) and onion in the Dutch oven, stirring occasionally, until the onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, 8 minutes more.
- Stir in the tomato paste, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt until well blended. Add the sirloin and broth, stirring to combine.
- Simmer until the meat is very tender and about half the liquid remains, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parsley and sour cream. Serve over the egg noodles.
- Per Serving
- Calories 521Calories From Fat 34%
- Calcium 101mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Cholesterol 120mg
- Fat 20g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 5mg
- Protein 46mg
- Sat Fat 7g
- Sodium 463mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To upgrade this recipe, use a mix of shiitake, cremini, and oyster mushrooms.