- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2pounds sirloin steak, trimmed of all fat and sliced into very thin strips
- 1/4teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 10-ounce packages white mushrooms, sliced
- 2tablespoons tomato paste
- 1tablespoon paprika
- kosher salt
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can beef broth
- 2tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1cup low-fat or regular sour cream
- 1 12-ounce package extra-wide egg noodles, cooked
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the sirloin and brown it (in batches if necessary). Remove and set aside.
- Cook the caraway seeds (if desired) and onion in the Dutch oven, stirring occasionally, until the onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, 8 minutes more.
- Stir in the tomato paste, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt until well blended. Add the sirloin and broth, stirring to combine.
- Simmer until the meat is very tender and about half the liquid remains, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parsley and sour cream. Serve over the egg noodles.