sirloin steak, trimmed of all fat and sliced into very thin strips
caraway seeds (optional)
large onion, chopped
10-ounce packages white mushrooms, sliced
14 1/2-ounce can beef broth
low-fat or regular sour cream
12-ounce package extra-wide egg noodles, cooked
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the sirloin and brown it (in batches if necessary). Remove and set aside.
- Cook the caraway seeds (if desired) and onion in the Dutch oven, stirring occasionally, until the onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, 8 minutes more.
- Stir in the tomato paste, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt until well blended. Add the sirloin and broth, stirring to combine.
- Simmer until the meat is very tender and about half the liquid remains, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parsley and sour cream. Serve over the egg noodles.