Beef and Mushroom Ragù With Pappardelle
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 pound pappardelle or fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- grated Parmesan, for serving
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the beef to the skillet and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until slightly darkened, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until nearly evaporated, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes (and their juices) and simmer until the liquid is slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with the Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 378
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 33mg
- Sodium 540mg
- Protein 19g
- Carbohydrate 41g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 20mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.