- 2 bell peppers, each cut into 8 pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1pound ground beef chuck
- 1cup frozen corn
- 2teaspoons ground ancho chili powder or standard chili powder
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- cut-up avocado, grated Cheddar, salsa, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges, for serving
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the bell peppers and garlic with 1 tablespoon of the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Roast until tender, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the beef, corn, and chili powder and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Divide the beef mixture among the tortillas and top with the avocado, Cheddar, salsa, and cilantro. Serve with the bell peppers and lime wedges.