- 2 15.5-ounce cans kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 12ounces lager beer
- 3/4pound beef chuck, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2tablespoons tomato paste
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons chili powder
- 1 to 3teaspoons chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- kosher salt
- corn bread, sour cream, grated Cheddar, chopped red onion, and fresh cilantro sprigs, for serving
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the beans, tomatoes and their juices, beer, beef, yellow onion, garlic, tomato paste, flour, chili powder, chipotles, and ¾ teaspoon salt.
- Cover and cook until the beef is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time). Serve with the corn bread, sour cream, Cheddar, red onion, and cilantro.