- 2tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2pound ground beef
- 1 15.5-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 2cups grated Cheddar (about 8 ounces)
- 2cups enchilada sauce
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total), thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- sour cream, salsa, and cilantro, for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in the beans and 1 cup of the Cheddar.
- Spread 1 cup of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Roll up the beef mixture in the tortillas and place the rolls seam-side down in the dish. Top with the remaining cup of enchilada sauce and cup of Cheddar. Bake until the Cheddar is brown in spots, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender and golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Top the enchiladas with the sour cream, salsa, and cilantro and serve with the zucchini.