Beef and Sweet Potato Turnovers
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon until no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes; stir in the garlic.
- Add the sweet potato, spinach, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and toss to combine.
- Dividing evenly, spoon the beef mixture onto one side of each piece of puff pastry, leaving a ¼-inch border.
- Top with the cheese, fold the dough over the filling, and press firmly to seal.
- Transfer the turnovers to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 293Calories From Fat 163
- Protein 17g
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 2g
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Calcium 125mg
- Iron 2mg
- Sodium 498mg
- Cholesterol 49mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve with mixed greens tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.