Serves 4 (makes 3/4 cup)| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- In a small saucepan, combine the wine, vinegar, shallot, and 1 tablespoon of the tarragon. Boil until the liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the vinegar mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium heatproof bowl. Whisk in the egg yolks.
- Set the bowl over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture has thickened to the consistency of mayonnaise, 3 to 4 minutes.
- One piece at a time, whisk in the butter until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the lemon juice, the remaining tablespoon of tarragon, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Per ServingServing Size: 3 tablespoons
- Calories 253
- Fat 26g
- Sat Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 214mg
- Sodium 250mg
- Protein 3g
- Carbohydrate 2g
- Sugar 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 29mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .