Slow-Cooker Bean and Spinach Enchiladas
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar, grated (2 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 16-ounce jars salsa (3 1/2 cups)
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, chopped (6 cups)
- 4 radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sliced scallions, for serving
- In a medium bowl, mash half the beans. Add the spinach, corn, cumin, 1 cup of the Cheddar, the remaining beans, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mix to combine.
- Spread 1 jar of the salsa in the bottom of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Dividing evenly, roll up the bean mixture in the tortillas (about ½ cup each) and place the rolls seam-side down in a single layer in the slow cooker. Top with the remaining salsa and Cheddar.
- Cover and cook until heated through, on low for 2½ to 3 hours.
- Before serving, toss the lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, and cucumber in a large bowl with the lime juice, oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the enchiladas and sprinkle with the scallions.
- Per Serving
- Calories 576
- Fat 28g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 61mg
- Sodium 2,457mg
- Protein 28g
- Carbohydrate 60g
- Sugar 10g
- Fiber 12g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 621mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .