- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 12-ounce package fully cooked chicken sausage links, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 19-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 14.5-ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch kale leaves, torn into 2-inch pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1loaf country bread (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring once, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the beans, broth, and tomatoes and their liquid and bring to a boil.
- Add the kale and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the bread, if using.