Barbecue Turkey Burgers With Cucumber Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
- 4 slices Cheddar (4 ounces)
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- lettuce and potato chips, for serving
- In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber and radishes with the lemon juice, dill, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the turkey, barbecue sauce, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Dividing evenly, form the turkey mixture into four ¾-inch patties.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Dividing evenly, top the burgers with the Cheddar and cook, covered, until the Cheddar is melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Form sandwiches with the buns, burgers, lettuce, and additional barbecue sauce. Serve with the cucumber salad and potato chips.
- Per Serving
- Calories 498
- Fat 28g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 95mg
- Sodium 922mg
- Protein 34g
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 283mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .