English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
radishes, thinly sliced
fresh lemon juice
chopped fresh dill
kosher salt and black pepper
barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
slices Cheddar (4 ounces)
hamburger buns, toasted
lettuce and potato chips, for serving
- Combine the cucumber, radishes, lemon juice, dill, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Gently mix together the turkey, barbecue sauce, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper with your hands in a large bowl until just combined. Dividing evenly, form the turkey mixture into four ¾-inch patties. Use your fingers to make a shallow well in the top of each patty (this will prevent overplumping during cooking).
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165° F, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Top the burgers with the Cheddar, dividing evenly, and cook, covered, until the Cheddar is melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stack the lettuce, burgers, and additional barbecue sauce between the buns. Serve with the cucumber salad and potato chips.