- 1 pound Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, bay leaves, and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Add enough water just to cover.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook, until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, discard the bay leaves, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, parsley, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss to coat.