- 1 vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting
- 1 tablespoon black or brown coarse sanding or sparkling sugar
- 1 red Jujube or other gummy candy, halved crosswise
- 1 1.4-ounce York Peppermint Pattie, halved
- Place the sugar in a small bowl. Dip the cupcake in the sugar to coat. Top with the Jujubes pieces to make the eyes.
- Cut notches into the cut-edge of the Peppermint Patties to mimic bat wings.
- With a sharp knife, make a 1-inch slit on the outside of each eye, inserting the knife towards the center of the cupcake at a 45 degree angle. Insert the corner of a York Peppermint Pattie piece in each slit to make the wings, pressing gently to secure.