- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 6-ounce boneless, skinless bass fillets, halved lengthwise through the center into 4 thin fillets
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch arugula, thick stems removed
- 8 slices white sandwich bread, toasted
- Combine the mayonnaise and pesto in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon; reserve the skillet.
- Season the fish with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook in the reserved drippings until opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Divide the pesto mayonnaise, bacon, bass, and arugula among the bread.