- 1 pound dried pasta
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves, washed
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (about 1 ounce) grated Parmesan
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, torn
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, place the garlic, pine nuts, basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. While the machine is running, drizzle in 2/3 cup of the oil through the feed tube, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the mint.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and spoon the pesto and zucchini over the top.