Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnishing
- 8 cups lemonade
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring the sugar and 1 1/2 cups cold water to a simmer. Cook, without stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the basil, and let cool to room temperature. Strain the syrup into a resealable container and discard the solids.
- Pour 2 to 3 teaspoons of the basil syrup into each of 8 ice-filled glasses, then fill with lemonade. Garnish with an additional sprig of basil. (You can cover and refrigerate the remaining syrup for up to 2 weeks.)
- Per Serving
- Calories 148Calories From Fat 0%
- Fat 0g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 1mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 1g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .