Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 375° F. Fit the crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Place on a baking sheet.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onions and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir in the onion mixture and the Gruyère.
- Pour the egg mixture into the crust. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes. Drizzle the greens with the remaining tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the quiche.
- Per Serving
- Calories 362Calories From Fat 66%
- Fat 27g
- Sat Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 198mg
- Sodium 533mg
- Protein 18g
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Calcium 454mg
- Iron 2mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Tailor this quiche to your liking by stirring in a handful of chopped cooked ham, sauteed spinach, or sautéed broccoli with the cheese.