Barbecue Turkey Sandwiches With Celery Salad
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 pound cooked turkey, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
- 6 sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, ¼ cup of the cheese, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper until smooth.
- Add the celery, scallions, and parsley and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine the turkey and barbecue sauce and cook over medium heat until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sandwich the turkey mixture in the rolls and serve with the celery salad.
- Per Serving
- Calories 539Calories From Fat 178
- Protein 42g
- Carbohydrate 46g
- Sugar 18g
- Fiber 3g
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Calcium 243mg
- Iron 5mg
- Sodium 1541mg
- Cholesterol 100mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This blue cheese dressing is an easy way to wake up a simple green salad.