Banana Waffle Sundae With Rum Sauce
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 frozen banana-bread waffles, toasted
- 4 medium bananas, peeled
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 scoops rum raisin ice cream
- 2 tablespoons dark or spiced rum
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Place waffles on 4 serving plates. Slice bananas in half lengthwise, then crosswise so you have 4 pieces from each banana.
- Heat butter and sugar in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring, until sugar begins to dissolve. Place bananas in pan, cut side down, and cook until lightly golden, about 1 minute. Turn bananas and cook 1 minute longer. Top waffles with scoops of ice cream. Transfer bananas with a slotted spatula to plates and arrange around ice cream.
- Add rum to skillet and simmer 1 minute. Add cream and cook until sugar completely dissolves and sauce is thick, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Pour rum sauce over sundaes and serve immediately.
- Per Serving
- Calories 677
- Calcium 146mg
- Carbohydrate 77g
- Cholesterol 155mg
- Fat 36g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 8mg
- Sat Fat 20g
- Sodium 213mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .