- 1 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large banana, thinly sliced
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Add the buttermilk and egg to the butter and whisk to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and whisk to combine.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or a griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with butter. For each pancake, spoon a scant ⅓ cup of batter onto the prepared skillet and top with banana slices. Cook, turning once, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining pancakes, buttering the skillet between batches if needed.
- Serve topped with maple syrup.