Makes 1 loaf| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for the pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350° F. Butter an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, bananas, granulated and light brown sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined (do not overmix); fold in the pecans.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes (tent with foil if top browns too quickly). Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1/10 of loaf
- Calories 358Calories From Fat 169
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 68mg
- Sodium 203mg
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 45g
- Sugar 26g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 40mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Don’t toss those extra-ripe bananas. Keep them in the freezer to use in this easy version of classic banana bread (thaw before mashing).