- 1/2cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for the pan
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1/2cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350° F. Butter an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, bananas, granulated and light brown sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined (do not overmix); fold in the pecans.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes (tent with foil if top browns too quickly). Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.