Serves 10| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 large, very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Using your fingertips or a pastry blender, work the butter into the dry ingredients until it looks like coarse crumbs. Mix in the pecans and apricots. Stir in the bananas, buttermilk, and eggs until well blended.
- Pour into pan. Bake 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack.
Variations: Substitute 1/2 cup flaked coconut or any dried fruit (such as golden or brown raisins or dates) for the dried apricots. This recipe makes 1 loaf.
- Per Serving
- Calories 451
- Calcium 134mg
- Carbohydrate 77g
- Cholesterol 69mg
- Fat 13g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 9mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 332mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Pat washed fruits and veggies dry before bagging them for storage. Damp items spoil quickly.