- 3cups all-purpose flour
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2cup chopped pecans
- 1/2cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 large, very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Using your fingertips or a pastry blender, work the butter into the dry ingredients until it looks like coarse crumbs. Mix in the pecans and apricots. Stir in the bananas, buttermilk, and eggs until well blended.
- Pour into pan. Bake 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack.
Variations: Substitute 1/2 cup flaked coconut or any dried fruit (such as golden or brown raisins or dates) for the dried apricots. This recipe makes 1 loaf.