Balsamic Poached Chicken
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place the potatoes in a roasting pan. Drizzle with the oil. Season with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper, and toss. Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the pan once.
- Add the asparagus to the pan with the potatoes, season with the remaining salt, and toss. Roast until the asparagus is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the broth and vinegar to a boil. Add the chicken and, if necessary, enough water (up to 1/2 cup) to cover it. Simmer for 1 minute. Cover, remove from heat, and set aside until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Return the liquid to medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Thickly slice the chicken. Divide the ingredients among individual plates. Drizzle with the balsamic mixture.
- Per Serving
- Calories 440Calories From Fat 28%
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 100mg
- Sodium 600mg
- Carbohydrate 32g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 47g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The pungent smell of vinegar can linger long after you finish cooking, so open the windows or turn on a fan before you start.