- 1pound new potatoes, halved or quartered
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 14.5-ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place the potatoes in a roasting pan. Drizzle with the oil. Season with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper, and toss. Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the pan once.
- Add the asparagus to the pan with the potatoes, season with the remaining salt, and toss. Roast until the asparagus is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the broth and vinegar to a boil. Add the chicken and, if necessary, enough water (up to 1/2 cup) to cover it. Simmer for 1 minute. Cover, remove from heat, and set aside until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Return the liquid to medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Thickly slice the chicken. Divide the ingredients among individual plates. Drizzle with the balsamic mixture.