Balsamic-Glazed Pork With Lentils
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1 1/4-pound pork tenderloin
- 1 red apple, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400° F. Bring 4 cups water to a boil.
- Add the lentils and 1 teaspoon salt and simmer, stirring occasionally, until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to oven. Roast until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes, basting with the glaze twice during the last 5 minutes. Let rest before slicing.
- In a medium bowl, toss cooked lentils with the apple, celery, parsley, lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the pork and any pan drippings.
- Per Serving
- Calories 477
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 92mg
- Sodium 449mg
- Protein 43g
- Carbohydrate 42g
- Sugar 14g
- Fiber 12g
- Iron 7mg
- Calcium 54mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .