Balsamic-Glazed Lamb Meat Loaf
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 slices white sandwich bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 large egg
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 15.5-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a large bowl, combine the bread and 3 tablespoons water. Add the lamb, egg, half the garlic, half the thyme, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Place the mixture on a foil-lined baking sheet and shape into a 6-inch loaf (about 3 inches thick). Bake, brushing with the balsamic vinegar several times during cooking, until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 150° F, 30 to 35 minutes. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and the remaining garlic and thyme and cook, tossing occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the beans, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes; stir in the lemon juice. Serve with the meat loaf.
- Per Serving
- Calories 504Calories From Fat 317
- Protein 24g
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Sugar 3g
- Fat 35g
- Sat Fat 13g
- Calcium 81mg
- Iron 4mg
- Sodium 842mg
- Cholesterol 136mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .