Baked Sweet Potatoes
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 400° F. Pierce each sweet potato several times with the tines of a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Make a slit in the top of each sweet potato. Top with 1 tablespoon of butter and season with the salt and pepper.
- Per Serving
- Calories 214Calories From Fat 50%
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 31mg
- Sodium 230mg
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 2g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you crave something over-the-top, try topping the potatoes with maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, caramelized onions, pecans, applesauce, canned chipotles, crystallized ginger, or orange zest.