Baked Pecorino Chicken
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 5 slices sandwich bread
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, stems discarded and leaves cut into 1-inch strips
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a food processor, pulse the bread until coarse crumbs form (you should have about 2 cups). Add the pecorino, butter, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and pulse once or twice to moisten.
- Place the chicken in an 8-inch baking dish; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture. Cover with foil and bake until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until crumbs are golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chard, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 438Calories From Fat 165
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 118mg
- Sodium 1,640mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 366mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can use panko bread crumbs or buttery round crackers (crushed) in place of the fresh bread crumbs.