Baked Eggs With Spinach and Tomatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt, 1 minute. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy, about 30 seconds, then pour them over the spinach mixture. Carefully place the whole yolks over the top.
- Bake until the whites are set, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Divide among plates. Add dollops of the cream cheese, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 231Calories From Fat 52%
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 400mg
- Sodium 598mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 19g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
When shopping for spinach, look for a dark color and unbroken leaves. Crinkly spinach is more flavorful (though slightly tougher) than the flat-leaf variety.