Hector Manuel Sanchez
clove garlic, finely chopped
14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
kosher salt and pepper
bunches spinach (about 1 pound), trimmed
eggs, separated (yolks kept whole, if possible)
cream cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt, 1 minute. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy, about 30 seconds, then pour them over the spinach mixture. Carefully place the whole yolks over the top.
- Bake until the whites are set, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Divide among plates. Add dollops of the cream cheese, if desired.