- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces Spanish chorizo (cured sausage), thinly sliced
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), cut into thin half-moons
- 1/4 teaspoon crumbled saffron threads
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1 1/2-pound piece cod fillet
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add the leeks, saffron, ½ cup water, ¾ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Season the cod with ½ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place it on top of the potatoes and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Transfer the skillet to oven and bake until the cod is opaque throughout, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley before serving.