Baked Chicken and Rice
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped, plus more for garnishing
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, tomatoes and their juices, broth, orange juice, parsley, onion, garlic, cumin, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper, and the red pepper (if using). Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season with the remaining salt and pepper. Nestle the chicken pieces among the rice mixture.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand for 5 minutes. Spoon the rice and chicken into individual bowls. Sprinkle with additional parsley.
- Per Serving
- Calories 140
- Fat 1g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 763mg
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 4g
- Fat 23g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .