Baked Bananas With Ice Cream and Shaved Chocolate
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 6 slightly underripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur, such as curacao or Grand Marnier, or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 ounce bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, shaved
- Heat oven to 400° F. Peel and cut each banana lengthwise in half. Place the bananas in a single layer, slightly overlapping, in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Pour the lemon juice over the bananas; sprinkle with the sugar, liqueur, and butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, spoon the juices over the bananas, and continue baking until soft and lightly browned, about 5 to 10 more minutes.
- To serve, divide the bananas among 6 shallow bowls or plates, top with small scoops of ice cream, and garnish with chocolate
- Per Serving
- Calories 323
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 27mg
- Sodium 28mg
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrate 51.5g
- Sugar 36g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 0.5mg
- Calcium 72mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Looking for a way to sneak in a serving of fruit? Here's one, and we made it especially yummy with the addition of chocolate shavings. To make them, warm a square of chocolate, still wrapped, in your hands. Then use a vegetable peeler to form the shavings.