- 1 butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), unpeeled and cut into quarters lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Heat oven to 400° F. Toss the squash, oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, turning once, until tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Brown the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, 6 to 8 minutes; remove and crumble. Reserve the skillet.
- Add the eggs to the drippings in the skillet and cook, covered, 2 to 4 minutes for slightly runny yolks. Season with ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Serve the squash with the eggs, bacon, and avocado.