- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- kosher salt and black pepper
- lettuce and buttered toast, for serving
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning once, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes; crumble.
- Combine the bacon, eggs, avocados, chives, oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Serve the egg salad over the lettuce with the buttered toast on the side.