- 4 pounds new potatoes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup watercress, torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain, run under cold water to cool, and cut in half.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs in a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover the saucepan, and let stand for 12 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Peel and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, shallots, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper until smooth.
- Add the potatoes, eggs, watercress, and chives and toss to coat.