- 4 4-ounce pieces halibut
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8cups mixed greens
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Season the fish with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Place in a large skillet with enough water to reach halfway up the sides of the fish.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook the fish, covered, until opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to a plate and refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes. Using a fork, flake the fish into large pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, cilantro, ½ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Toss the dressing with the mixed greens, chickpeas, avocado, and onion. Divide among plates and top with the fish.