- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cooked chicken-breast halves, skin discarded and meat shredded
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Place the broth and the rice in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Add the chicken. Remove the soup from heat and cover.
- Whisk the eggs and lemon juice in a medium bowl until frothy.
- Slowly add about 1 cup hot chicken broth to the lemon and eggs, whisking continually. Slowly stir the warmed eggs into the soup.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Serve immediately with a slice of lemon.